Our dedicated tax team can assist with any specialized tax plan or filing.
When it comes to specialized tax planning, our tax team has the expertise and experience to assist. We have a dedicated tax team that focuses on keeping current with new tax laws and legislation to ensure we are able to identify important tax planning opportunities that limit current and future tax liabilities as much as possible. We take a proactive approach to tax planning to ensure our clients can plan for their future.
Estates & Trusts:
Whether dealing with death or taxes, having the right advisor can help you plan to ensure your estate is dealt with in a tax-efficient way. We have experience and expertise with estate planning, and we pride ourselves on providing a full range of services for estates and trusts.
Our services include:
- Detailed estate planning that is tailored to each client’s unique needs
- Advising clients on the use of family trusts, spousal trusts, and alter ego trusts
- Probate fee planning
- Post-mortem planning to reduce tax obligations
- Assisting executors or trustees in estate and trust administration
- Preparing financial statements for trusts and estates
- Preparing trust income tax returns
- Preparing date of death returns and other returns
Specialized Tax Services:
We provide our clients with a wide range of specialized tax services. Whether you are looking to sell your business, pass it down to the next generation or expand, our tax specialists can work with you to plan and mitigate any tax obligations.
Our services include:
- Corporate reorganizations
- Section 85 and 86 elections
- Planning for the purchase or sale of a business
- Assistance with Canada Revenue Agency objections, audits, and disputes
- Voluntary disclosures
- Cross-border tax structuring and planning
- Assistance with investment tax credits
- Compensation and benefits planning, including tax-deferred plans and stock options
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Independent business or share valuation
- Non-resident tax filings (NR4, NR6, s.216)
In addition to the above, we can assist with U.S. and international tax services, as we are a member of Alliott Global Alliance, an international network of accounting and law firms. We work closely with our affiliate firms to ensure our clients receive the services they require.
If you have any questions about our specialized tax services or would like to set up a meeting with a member of our tax team to discuss further, please feel free to contact us.